Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A hectic week

It's been wildly crazy the last couple of weeks. Lisa's brother Mark, his wife Judy, and their daughters Allison (8) and Amy (11 months) stayed with us for a bit last week while Mark and I attended one of the Lisa's family traditions, Nerdfest, in Ephrata. Lisa's mother Marcia came out to help with the kids here while I was gone, but I only lasted about 9 hours at Nerdfest before I headed back. Still, with 4 kids, and 4 adults in the house, we were kept very busy. Our house is not yet childproof, since our kids aren't crawling yet, and certainly isn't 8 year old proof, but I was given a sneak preview of what it's going to take to do both. Bye Bye 50 inch TV. Hello cabinet locks, stair gates and a formal playroom.

The babies have both not been feeling so well this week, and their schedule is a bit off. Which means we had one good night of sleep in the last 3 weeks. Most disturbingly, they are tending to both be up at the same time now, so we're both up most of the night. I thought the days of 3 hours of sleep were long gone. They're backkk! And, no, I don't want to hear about anyone getting 20 hours of sleep in a two day period. That's a week's worth for me.

This weekend, we're headed to Eastern Washington to Lisa's Family's annual ho-down. We're only going to go for one night, and hope to god the babies sleep a little bit in the car each way. I totally understand why people put DVD players and TV's in their vehicles for the kids to watch. I'm dreading the drive, and I usually like long car rides.

I'll let you know how the trip goes when we get back, after I regain my sanity that is.

No comments: