Thursday, January 03, 2008

Getting Organized

Maybe its that I'm switching jobs and I feel the need to get some projects done at home before my life changes. Or maybe its the middle of winter and there's nothing on TV due to the writers strike. Maybe I'm going through a mid-life crisis. Or maybe I'm just procrastinating from getting started writing that story or novel. Whatever the cause, the result is I've been getting organized and checking some things off my to do list.

On Monday, I cleaned out the garage.

Yesterday, I took my entire collection of photo negatives in to a camera store to get digitized onto CD's

I finally arranged to get flood insurance for the house.

I've been researching Life Insurance

I've been working on my will (some day I'll get Lisa to do hers too)

And I've gone through an old book of photos of my early childhood years that my mom gave me a few years ago, and digitized them. You can see the results on our flickr site or by clicking here.

Next is the process of making DVDs of all the videos we taken of the kids over the past year. Actually, I was all caught up a few weeks ago and had the video ready to burn to DVD when my Windows Vista crapped out on me and corrupted my compiled movie. I lost all my work, about 16 hours. Anyway, Vista is a piece of crap operating system, and had I not just bought a new computer last summer, I would be buying a Mac right now, despite the fact that I develop Windows software for a living.

No comments: