Friday, November 24, 2006

Of things gone past

My wife and I took a walk this morning, and I was thinking about those things that I grew up with that my kids will never know about, unless I go through the trouble of exposing them to it. Some things are better just forgotten about. Others, I think they might enjoy.

Things I won't let them miss out on
The Hardy Boys Books (If anyone has a collection of these they want to part with, I'm buying)
The Three Investigators Books (See above)
Star Wars (The first 3)

Things I think they'll probably miss out on
Happy Days
Gilligan's Island
Battle of the Planets
Dukes of Hazzard
The Commodore 64
The Flintstones
The Jetsons
The Electric Company
Star Trek - TNG
The Wonderful World of Disney (Sunday's at 6:00)
Wide World Of Sports
Straw forts in the barn


Things I think they can do without:
The Wango Tango & The Worm (If you don't know what this is, you weren't a boy in Grade School in the early 1980s)
8 Track tapes
Cassette Tapes
Records
5 1/4 Inch Floppy drives
The Love Boat
Mickey Mouse Disco

No comments: